Sunday, August 29, 2010

Critic or just plain rude?

My mother in-law happens to be one of the most critical and negative people in the world.  We are fortunate to live in Philadelphia, one of the biggest cities with the most diverse art collection in the country.  A few years ago we went to see Monet at the Philadelphia Art Museum.  She told us that she painted a much better picture years before from one of those paint by number kits.  She was not joking at all.

My husband has inherited some of her wonderful characteristics.  I know he gets it from her honestly, but all in the same it is still very irritating.  I work full time, I have two small kids, a house, and a dog to take care of.  I make dinner every week night for the family.  Respectful dinners, not frozen ones or instant ones, but ones that take a lot of planning and care.  9 out of 10 times he doesn't say Thank you and I will NEVER get, " wow, this is so good."  Kind of annoying to say the least.  What makes it more irritating to me is that he tells other people when we eat at their houses that he never gets to eat like this...basically demeaning me in front of our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment