Wednesday, August 11, 2010

FRAUD!!!!!!

In the broadest sense, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent.

My husband, being the really really nice (too nice) person that he is decided to sign up for Amway!  To help his parents out and he could buy some discounted office supplies from them.  As we all know, for many many years now, that Amway is a pyramid scam...so the more people you sign up under you, the more credits or power you get.  Joe asked if I wanted to sign up as well, and I promptly said NO, I don't want anything to do with Amway.  He then told his father NO very firmly.

A week ago, a box comes to our house addressed to both of us from Amway.  A welcome package!  I called the customer care number and asked how my name showed up on this account.  The friendly rep said that my father in law signed me up and yes, he gets credits for one more person!  The rep also asked if I would like to put a claim in against my Father in Law....YES!  That is fraud, using my name without previous authorization to further your career in the Amway family while distancing yourself from your own family!

5 comments:

  1. Your misunderstandings of the business model aside, I think you need to speak to your husband as well. Nobody can sign you up for you, you need to sign the application form - both yourself and your husband. If neither of you signed the form, then your father-in-law has seriously overstepped the boundaries, and it's good that you reported him!

    Now, as to your misunderstandings of the business model, Amway is not a pyramid scheme and you do not "get credits for one more person" You don't get "credit" for ANY people, one or a thousand. If you did, then it would indeed be a pyramid scheme.

    Amway "credit" comes entirely from sale of products, like any other business. Indeed, for any given sales volume, the more people you introduced to get it , then the *less* money you make, not more.

    Why your in-laws may have suggested both of you register on the form is because if you develop a large enough business, then the corporation invites you on various luxury all-expenses paid trips. If there's one name on the form, you get one ticket. If there's two, then you get two tickets. But don't worry, if your husband does do more than just shop, and actively builds a business, it will take some time for it to develop, and you can always add yourself to the business later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Amway information. My husband signed up legitimately, signed paperwork, and gave his credit card, so yes they must have forged my name or something. The phone rep said that I was definitly signed up. Just wrong! Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's only just happened you can be signed up online immediately, with written signed confirmation having to be received within 2 weeks or something like that.

    That's possibly what has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS ... now just wait until I tell you about MY in-laws ... ya wanna swap? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! That was the whole point of the website. To get some people that are in the same boat as me!!!! My in-laws made a special trip to get the signature and credit card from my husband. So i know they signed me up after behind my back!

    ReplyDelete